top of page
EE_ADTP_Cover.png
Related articles:
Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

Gap Year Programme

Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

American Degree Transfer Programme (ADTP)

Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

St. George's University

Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

Steps to Study in The USA

Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

Study in the USA

Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

Community Colleges Vs. ADTP

Black White Simple Blank Paper Blog Banner (6).png

US Community Colleges

If you are wondering what is your next step after high school, here's all you need to know about the American Degree Transfer Programme (ADTP)!The ADTP, as the name implies, is a degree programme in its own right. Do not worry if this appears complicated. Just keep in mind that, unlike other pre-university courses such as A levels, AUSMAT, SAM, or STPM, the ADTP allows you to enter university directly after SPM or O levels. How is this even possible? Edu Experts will explore the criteria, programme structures, and Malaysian universities for ADTP in this article.

WHAT IS AMERICAN DEGREE TRANSFER PROGARMME?

An American Transfer Degree Programme, or ADTP, allows Malaysian students to complete the first two years of their degree programme in Malaysia and the remaining two years in the United States. This programme is eligible for students who have recently passed their SPM to enrol directly into a degree programme without having to first complete Pre-University courses. It is unquestionably advantageous for students who want to complete their degree as quickly as possible by studying under the American academic structure.Most ADTP programmes in Malaysia offer credit transfer, which allows students to transfer their credits to any university in the world, especially in the United States of America.

WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY ADTP?

These are the general entry requirements to pursue an ADTP.  Entry requirements for some universities may be higher, so do make sure you check the details carefully.

SPM/O-Level​: A pass with minimum of 5 credits including English

UEC​: A pass with minimum of 5Bs including English

PATHWAY TO STUDY ADTP

EE_ADTP.png
Requirements
Pathway

American Degree Transfer Programme

ADP is a direct route to an undergraduate degree after SPM that lasts about 4 years, where 2 years of your studies will be in Malaysia and the remaining years in the United States of America. Students can also opt to do 1 year of studies in Malaysia and 3 years in the United States of America, depending on the eligibility of the course and the institution.

  • Year 1 + 2: Students will take a wide variety of courses, including General Education courses (e.g. Language, Math, Natural Sciences, Fine Arts) and Core Requirements courses related to students' Major.

  • Year 3 + 4: Students will embark on more advanced courses that are focused on students' Major.

Assignments, coursework, presentations, tests, and even extracurricular and co-curricular activities will all be used to evaluate you over time. All of this can contribute to roughly 70% of your entire assessment, with the remaining 30% coming from final exams, depending on the subject and the institution.

Note: A Major is a discipline or specific area that you have chosen to focus your degree in. An example of a Major would be Computer Science or International Business.

WHERE CAN YOU STUDY ADTP IN MALAYSIA?

Taylor's University

Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Intakes: February, June & August
Fees: RM55,772 ~ RM64,434
Duration: 4 years (2+2)

INTI International University & Colleges

Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

Intakes: January, May & August
Fees: RM44,380
Duration: 4 years (1+3) or (2+2)

universitis
bottom of page